Friday 6 April 2012

Book Club Friday



So this is the first time I am getting involved in Book Club Friday by Blonde...Undercover Blonde and I'm quite excited! I am currently reading a couple of books and just finished another! I tend to multi-task that way.

I'm reading...       VIII By H.M. Castor


Synopsis:
VIII is the story of Hal: a young, handsome, gifted warrior, who believes he has been chosen to lead his people. But he is plagued by the ghosts of his family's violent past and once he rises to power, he turns to murder and rapacious cruelty. He is Henry VIII.

My Thoughts:
I just finished this book and I thoroughly enjoyed it! It may just be that I am obsessed with the Tudors time period and love pretty much everything to do with Henry VIII and his six wives, but its a great read. It follows Henry from a child to a man and integrates history with supernatural elements making it intense and exciting! Its well written and is not at all difficult to read. Definitely one to read! 

6 comments:

Victoria said...

sounds like an interesting read!

happy weekend!

Unknown said...

This sounds like something I'd be interested in! I just got finished watching the Tudors! I've got to add this to my wishlist!

Shoshanah said...

I haven't heard about this one, which I'm surprised about because I'm always reading books about the Tutor time period. Have you read any of Jean Plaidy's books? She's probably one of my favorite historical fiction authors, and she has some great ones about this time period.

Sinead said...

Ooh no I haven't! I will definitely check them out! I love this one because it's an angle on the history I have never come across before! Not entirely accurate but still good!

Dianna Mertz said...

Great Book!

Heather said...

I've loved reading about Henry VIII!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...