Tuesday 26 February 2013

Oh Those Gowns & Glory

So I was working yesterday and unfortunately didn't get to watch the 2013 Oscars *sadface* and being the movie buff that I am, I am disappointed in myself that out of all the films involved in this years show, I have only seen Silver Linings Playbook (which I have been meaning to review) and Les Miserables. 

It may have something to do with the fact that most of the nominated films only just came out in New Zealand. We really need to step up our game.

HOWEVER the fact that I missed the show, obviously didn't stop me from stalking all of the glorious Red Carpet fashion and all the winners (and losers) of the night!

Without further ado... My favourite looks from The 85th Annual Academy Awards!



But my Best Dressed award goes to the lovely...
She seriously looked like a princess and if we are being serious, I want to be her best friend. Am I the only one? She is my favourite person in Hollywood right now, so down to earth and hilarious. And she handled that fall like an absolute pro. Congrats to her! 
22 and an Oscar winner? Obviously the rest of us are failing at life.

And of course, we love to point out the not-so-hot choices of the night. These dresses were a bit of a let down. Some not too bad but nothing special, some downright horrendous *erm Brandi Glanville* anyone else wondering why she was even there? If she can go, surely I can go?

Oh The Oscars... So much excitement. Maybe one day I will be there...
Ha, who are we kidding, only in my dreams...

*Images sourced from here and here

4 comments:

Marlee said...

I think the whole world wants to be Jennifer Lawrence's friend. She's amazing.

Unknown said...

Brandi Glanville looked like absolute trash. She looked brutal.

I think the Jessicas really stole the red carpet! Everyone is agreeing they are the best dressed as I look around the interwebz today.

SimplyBelle said...

Definitely onboard with the Jennifer Lawerence Train.
I saw Reese Witherspoon on the glam list somewhere, totally shocked! That dress does nothing =(

Cheriese said...

I think Sandra Bullock would be my top pick out of these, just beautiful! I am so in love with Jennifer Lawrence though!

Just to let you know I've done my first part of your awesome Disney Challenge - YAY & THANKS! I think we had a couple of the same ;) http://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/disney-challenge-part-one.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...