The Disney Intern-ship has been on my radar for quite a while now, my friend Abbie originally introduced me to what sounded like an exciting and improbable chance-of-a-lifetime. She looked into it and discovered what the first steps were to get involved, and after talking about it for
days a while I was sold on the idea, so I got involved as well!
- Step one is look on the website, and find out if your country is a part of the intern-ship! You then acquire the right email address for where you are, and email them your CV and a cover letter simply stating your interest in the program!
- After I emailed them I got a reply telling me when the next seminar/interviews were. They give you a list of paperwork you must bring with you for you interview. You then obviously attend said interview!
Originally I went to a seminar in April?ish with Abbie and Rachel, but while we were there Rach and I decided the January program wasn't for us, as we would miss our 21sts, graduation, and it wouldn't give us much time to save money! So we decided we would come back and interview in September for the August intake! Abbie however interviewed right then and there, and three weeks later found out SHE GOT IN!
- So, the interview. I was terrified!! I posted about my initial thoughts here, but thought I would go into a little more detail. We sat through the program seminar (for the second time) and answered some fun questions, learning more about Disney World and the program itself. We then organised to interview that evening as we couldn't travel back the next day (this was touch and go for a while, and made the wait extremely stressful!) BUT once I actually got to the interview my nerves kind of disappeared.
- My interviewer Jenni was so lovely! It was honestly less of an interview and more of a formal chat. She went through a bunch of questions, and I answered them as best I could. None of them were all that difficult, so I just made sure I was happy and chatty, and as polite and "Disney" as I could possibly be!!
- The question were very standard questions for this kind of thing. "Why do you want to do this?" Why have you chosen Disney" and that kind of thing. There were also questions about previsou work experience, if you had lived away from home or flatted before and a variety of other questions. There were also specifics about what role you were interested in doing while on the program, and one that surprised me momentarily "What is your favourite Disney film" (I answered Robin Hood & Peter pan in case you were wondering)
- I honestly can't remember much else about it, it was such a blur of nervous energy, but so much fun at the same time!! I knew even if I didn't get in, it would be a fantastic interviewing experience! If you have any specific questions about my interview I can answer them, but right now I'm blank!
- Next was the wait! And let me tell you it was excruciating! After our interviews we were told we would find out our fate after two weeks. To me that seemed like a very fast response for something like this, but it seemed like such a long time as well. But exactly two weeks later I got the email that would change my life! My reaction went a little something like this...
So there you have it. A long and exciting process... If you have any questions feel free to email me and ask sinead(dot)elle(at)hotmail(dot)com and I can go into more details, or provide you with other links!
Next up will be where we go from here...